Five Things about me.
1. When someone raises a camera, I usually try to duck out of the sightline. I’d rather not be photographed, but I love drawing self-portraits. I feel like I can invest each drawing or painting with more authentic emotion than any photo could ever capture.
2. I have green eyes and an emerald engagement ring. Green is my favourite colour; I love how alive and restorative it is.
3. My sketchbook, my planner and my journal are the three most precious objects in my life. My mother, my husband and my daughter are the three most precious people in my life.
4. I was born in Swaziland; I grew up in Canada; I now live in England. I love to travel, but I’m actually happiest when I’m curled up with a book at home.
5. I studied art history, archaeology, Latin, and German at university. None of these are particularly useful in my current incarnation as a stay-at-home-mom and illustrator/writer. However, my studies taught me self-discipline, to be curious about everything, and that all ideas and things have a hidden history of meaning that reaches back through time.
Fancy playing along?