This year I turned 30.
And what a momentous year! Here's what's happened:
1. I've spent two consecutive birthdays in Cape Town (that wasn't at all expected).
2. I illustrated educational children's books for Oxford University Press, Cambridge University Press and Pearson.
3. I took a writing course with Random House in South Africa.
4. I received a contract for "Digging for Diana" my middle-readers novel from Random House Struik.
5. I declined the aforementioned contract (long story) and I'm still searching for a publisher.
6. I've travelled to United Kingdom, Italy, the Netherlands, Belgium, Ireland, United States, Canada, Swaziland, and Namibia.
It's been an amazing year, and I really (really) hope that this coming year will be even better.
And, thanks to all you readers for making this year extra-special online! I love reading all your blogs, and I love receiving your questions and comments. You're such amazingly talented people!
I hope you have a fantastic weekend!